Sol Blume to be postponed, county says. Park officials say venue is not ready for event


Festivalgoers who worried that one of the largest R&B concerts in Northern California was being canceled had some of their fears confirmed.

Sacramento County spokesperson Kim Nava told The Sacramento Bee Thursday that she believes the Sol Blume promoters have decided to postponed the event.

The concert dates and artist lineups were announced in February by the festival’s organizers, ENT Legends. They added an extra day for the first time this year, extending it to a three-day concert from May 3 to 5. Expected performers were headliners Snoh Alegrah, Kaytraminé (the duo of Kaytranada and Aminé), and SZA.

The event was expected to happen at Discovery Park, where the festival has been held since 2022. Sacramento County Regional Parks spokesperson, Ken Casparis advised against it, citing the conditions of the park.

“We have been in communication with (ENT) a little earlier this month, basically letting them know, Discovery Park has reopened but it’s probably not going to be ready for a large scale event like Sol Blume,” Casparis told The Bee Thursday. “With the stage, the equipment coming in and all the people, it could cause damage to the park’s infrastructure just because it’s been flooded.”

The event was postponed three and a half months last year following numerous severe rainstorms that soaked Sacramento, compromising Discovery Park.

Casparis said the county is waiting to hear a response from ENT Legends about how they want to proceed and whether they’re going to reschedule.

According to a Google Form application for Sol Blume food vendors, the festival could be postponed until this fall. The date has not yet been determined.

“The organizers are working diligently, around the clock to provide more updates to fans,” a spokesperson for ENT Legends said Thursday. “Fans can expect an update soon via social media and emails.”

Many fans took to the Sol Blume social media pages to voice their concerns, as the festival has not added a post on either Instagram and X (formerly Twitter) since Feb. 29.

One Instagram user, who’s name displays as _mina.irl, commented under Sol Blume’s last post seven weeks ago criticizing the silence.

“Did you guys not learn your lesson from last year??? If plans are changing — keep us updated. Don’t leave us in the dark until the last minute. I’m a Sac local, but there are people who are flying out and need to book their accommodations. If you want Sol Blume to continue, don’t treat your patrons like afterthoughts.”

The event started in 2018, when it was first held at Cesar Chavez Plaza downtown. The festival wasn’t held in 2020 or 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic but returned the following years as it grew in popularity.





Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top